Businesses that use Microsoft Dynamics NAV who are looking for an upgrade might have a couple of questions. Maybe these questions stop your business from upgrading to
Let’s find out some of the most common questions!
- What are the benefits of upgrading?
- Can I retain customization?
- Is it difficult to use?
- Can I trust something that is on the cloud?
- Is it expensive?
Differences between Dynamics NAV and Business Central
- Though their functionality is the same, Business Central has the advantage of being browser-based. While still providing all the capabilities that's uses in Dynamics NAV (e.g., Sales and Service, Operation Management, etc.), Business Central will give you a wider reach and more flexibility.
- The second difference between the two has to do with licensing. NAV is licensed for concurrent users. While Dynamics 365 Business Central is licensed based on Named Users.
Here are some updated features offer by Dynamics 365 Business Central
Within the application, updates centralize on some of the most requested areas for improvement – including the finance and supply chain areas. Below are select new features includes in the release.
- Add additional columns through personalization in various pages to gain more insight
- Add non-inventory items on requisition and planning worksheets
- Bank and payment reconciliations
- Couple records between Business Central and Dataverse in bulk
Modern Web Client
“Usability, accessibility, and stability” are the primary focus concentration of updates to the modern web client in Dynamics 365 Business Central Wave 2. Below are select new updates:
- Unhindered data entry across rows
- Performance and usability improvements to the BC web client
- Discovering reports and administration areas in Role Explorer
- Support for localized decimal separator on numeric keypads
Better with Microsoft 365 Integration
Enhancements to Microsoft Teams integration
- New sign-up experience for users who are installing the app but do not have a Business Central subscription. Users can redirect to a page where they can read about and sign up for a trial subscription.
- Improved search term capabilities, like multiple word search and special characters, for looking up contacts.
How the integration with Business Central Cloud comes out of the box?
As a Microsoft product, Business Central integrates seamlessly with other Microsoft products like Dynamics 365 Sales and other applications such as Microsoft Teams, PowerApps, Power BI, etc. There are also standard APIs available to create Connect Apps that can be published in App Store and integrated with
It is useful when a point-to-point connection needs to connect a third-party service with Business Central. Likely, Shopify Connector and ADP Workforce. Microsoft AppStore features numerous third-party extensions that can enhance the functionality of Business Central for specific industrial processes.
How can MetaOption help?
MetaOption has a team of experts for upgrading the