The Q2 2021 Tech Insider Update hosted by JourneyTEAM previewed what’s new and coming soon from Microsoft including enhancements to administrative applications like Microsoft Azure and Office 365, as well as other cloud-based Microsoft solutions like Dynamics 365, Power Platform, SharePoint, and more. The rapid-fire presentation opened with a peek into the latest Microsoft Cloud and Office 365 admin and security features designed to help you take measures to improve security and compliance at your organization.
Here is a summary of the updates that were covered for Azure AD, Unified Endpoint Management (Intune), Cloud and Office 365, and Exchange Online:
Azure AD & Intune Updates
- Temporary Access Pass is available in GA (use of Microsoft Authenticator app required).
- Azure AD AuthN (authentication) for Servers has been updated so now you can use Azure AD login for Azure Windows VM.
- Updates to Azure AD Conditional Access include enabling of password reset requirements. There is also a new user action for Conditional Access to Azure AD — “Register or Join Devices” — that enables more granular control.
- Using GPS location (versus IP address) for Identity and Access Control in Azure AD is now in public preview.
Microsoft Unified Endpoint Management (formerly Intune)
- Filtering capabilities have been updated.
Cloud & Office 365
- For those of you that have old hardware or servers and use Office 365, take note that TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in Microsoft 365 will soon be disabled so you will want to prepare in advance of this change.
- Available now in GA: the new Exchange Admin Center is available in GA.
- Spoof Intelligence Management in Exchange Online Protection (EOP) is available in preview.
- The Reply All Storm Protection feature has been updated. The default minimum number of recipients has dropped from 5,000 to 2,500.
Other Updates to Microsoft Cloud Applications include:
Microsoft Power Platform
- Power BI
- Power Automate
Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Customer Service
- Field Service
- Business Central
Microsoft Collaboration and Communication Platforms and Applications
- Viva – Connections
- Viva – Insights
Interested in learning more? The see the complete
New services offered by JourneyTEAM:
Contact us via the link at the end of this article for more information on some of the new programs and services from JourneyTEAM:
JourneyTEAM offers Sherpa Programs for Dynamics 365 Business Central and Dynamics GP migration to Dynamics 365 Business Central — expert-guided, self-implementation, delivered in an open enrollment format.
JourneyTEAM helps organizations set up intranets of all different types and sizes. Organizations can pick from three packages to get a launchpad in place. JourneyTEAM provides the tools to manage and configure your intranet from there.
- Join a free consultation and ask all the questions you wish.
- Plan your Deep Dive meeting – Get your organization’s Customized Solutions presentation.
Jenn Alba - Marketing Manager - 801.938.7816
JourneyTEAM is an award-winning consulting firm with proven technology and measurable results. They take Microsoft products; Dynamics 365, SharePoint intranet, Office 365, Azure, CRM, GP, NAV, SL, AX, and modify them to work for you. The team has expert level, Microsoft Gold certified consultants that dive deep into the dynamics of your organization and solve complex issues. They have solutions for sales, marketing, productivity, collaboration, analytics, accounting, security and more. firstname.lastname@example.org