Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations One Version - What, Why and How
We recommend you work with a certified, experienced and trusted Dynamics 365 partner to help with your decision to move to the One Version. Certified Dynamics 365 partners are standing by to assist you with your move to the cloud. They can help you avoid costly mistakes. Certified Dynamics 365 partners will help you gather your requirements and ensure you meet your goals, for instance.
What is the Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations One Version?
This initiative includes Microsoft delivering 2 major updates per year plus services updates every month. Customers can skip 2 consecutive monthly updates but must not fall back for more than 3 months. Here’s the
What is Microsoft Dynamics 365 Cloud Application Lifecycle?
The Microsoft Cloud Application Lifecycle starts with Microsoft’s product development and ends with the customer experience. Microsoft’s whitepaper describes this upgrade process in further detail. “This shift creates efficiency for the software provider, allowing more resources to be focused on creating new product capabilities. In addition, the change creates value for customers through both those additional features and improved stability and quality. In a world where ISVs extend a solution, the efficiency gains benefit that ecosystem as well.”
Why move to the cloud with Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
- Security – You get the benefit of the experience of Microsoft’s security experts coupled with enterprise level technology. Most small and medium-sized businesses don’t have the expertise in-house to keep data more secure than the resources of Microsoft. Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations can be deployed into the Microsoft Azure datacenters that offer superior data protection.
- Cost savings – The whitepaper states “Upgrading software has historically been a costly and complex process for customers. By absorbing this responsibility, the software provider can dramatically reduce the total cost of ownership for an application. In fact, the change enables more than a shift of cost from the customer to the provider." Microsoft takes on the responsibility to ensure you are always on the latest version of their product.
- Upgrades – You miss out on fixes and feature upgrades that could benefit your productivity when you don’t routinely upgrade your on-premise software. You miss out on reporting and integration improvements and end up paying in the end once you decide to pay for the upgrade. Annual maintenance plans typically cost 18% of the original purchase price. You are basically repurchasing your software every 5 years or so. Here are some benefits of staying current in the SaaS model as mentioned in the whitepaper:
- Everyone gets the benefits of the latest features. No one is stuck on less capable older versions
- Issues are fixed quickly and everyone has the fix deployed at the same time
- It is not necessary to test endless combinations of components
- It is not necessary to “backport” changes to many older versions for different customers
- Third-party integrations – Your add-ons and customizations remain intact with every upgrade. You can deploy new add-on solutions through Microsoft AppSource in minutes without extra customizations.
How to move to the Cloud with Dynamics 365
We strongly advise you to consult with your certified Dynamics 365 partner with any change to your Dynamics 365 solution. Also, download this whitepaper to learn 8 important considerations for moving to the cloud with Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations. UPDATE: This whitepaper has been deprecated, please download our Comparison of Dynamics AX to Dynamics 365 instead. The link is below. You can visit The
- Enterprise Application Lifecycle in the Cloud Era
- The Microsoft Dynamics 365 journey
- Refined development practices
- New customization models
- Preparation is essential
- Testing and safe deployment
- Customer choice – You have the choice to decide when you receive a cloud update
- Modern application lifecycle in regulated industries
The Clients First Difference
Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Lifecycle Services provides a solid foundation to ensure the smoothest, safest and most efficient transition with an arsenal of implementation tools. In addition, our Clients First portal offers functional and technical expertise to give us an advantage over other Dynamics Partners. Clients First in Minnesota and Texas serve the Dynamics AX and 365 for Finance and Operations customers as a Gold ERP and CSP Microsoft Partner. You can reach us at 800.331.8382 or email email@example.com