Acumatica 2018 R2 was launched in September, fulfilling Acumatica’s commitment to semi-annual releases. Despite the frequency of the releases, the percentage and quality of new features and functionality is extremely high.
NexVue’s founder and CEO, Dan Schwartz, dug into the new release and put together his thoughts on the seven new features and improved features he is most excited about in Acumatica 2018 R2.
In the article, Dan highlights the following functional areas that have been added or improved in the new version:
- Generic Inquiry – The Generic Inquiry tool has been dramatically improved so that users can not only build queries, but also use queries more effectively. The new side-panel view into data detail empowers users to take action on their Acumatica data from anywhere in the system. Generic Inquiry also enhances report writing and the new ability to pass parameters back and forth between Acumatica and Excel spreadsheets means better data accuracy and easier data analysis.
- Financial Management – Highly structured financial departments can now operate more seamlessly with increased flexibility yet control over period end permissions.
- Mobile Notifications – Intelligent improvements have been made to mobile notifications so that the appropriate users receive notifications that make sense for mobile use and can drill into the detail to take action if necessary.
- Multi-Company with Multi-Currency – Company-based calendars in Acumatica 2018 R2 bring businesses that need to manage multiple companies with multiple currencies closer to the pinnacle of managing everything within a single database.
- Sales Tax – For the first-time, Acumatica is offering multiple sales tax vendor integration options so that you can select the best tool for your organizational needs.
- Company and Brand Selector – It’s now easier than ever for organizations with a large number of companies to find and select the right one within the system.
- User Defined Attributes – Customize your Acumatica instance without a developer or consultant using User Defined Attributes.