Maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) companies have struggled with finding the right business software solution that can handle their job shop processes at an affordable price, full featured, and with the latest in technology. Aviation MRO shops have even larger challenges with FAA compliance requirements. They could all benefit from these 9 processes.
- Accurate Quotations: The quotation and bidding process must be optimized by calculating the costs of each specific service with standardized processes. This will ultimately reduce costs and allow your business to take on more complex jobs while still meeting the needs of your clients.
- Work Scope Communications: Proposals and tasks should be communicated uniformly through the job shop application in order to keep users current and to help eliminate out of scope work.
- Time and Expense Entry: Shop personnel need to add time, inventory items used, item requirements, expenses if off site for an inspection, and in some cases need to take pictures and notes of the equipment for customer reproduction. Shop personnel need an easy to use interface that can be accessed on any mobile device. This keeps staff billable and not completing admin tasks.
- Integrated Procurement: The linking of all Purchase Orders to Job controls eliminates unauthorized spending, while insuring that all job-related PO’s are included at the time of invoicing.
- Traceability: This requirement varies by industry, but it should be a minimum expectation or legislative requirement to provide on-demand tracing of resources and inventory consumed in a job.
- Compliance: This requirement also varies by industry, however aviation MROs must produce 8130 & 337 documents, and have the ability to turn on FAA approved vendors and parts. Log book entry of work completed that can be produced electronically provides customers and the FAA a concise record of work completed.
- Streamlined Invoicing: The close proximity invoicing has to project details allows accounting to resolve exception issues quickly with minimal disruption to the shop or sales resources. The elimination of paper and the use of approval workflows improve efficiencies.
- Financial Efficiency: All financials should be timely, effectively recorded and accessible for streamlined auditing, reporting and analysis.
- Key Performance Indicators: Summation of the centralized data into performance measurements to help in evaluating the efficiency of any department.
The Complex Job Shop and Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul provider are challenging businesses from both an execution and systems perspective. Unlike a distributor or made to stock manufacturer that focuses on a clear concise mix of products, the Complex Job Shop and MRO provider must be prepared to deal with the unexpected and unknown on a daily basis. This presents a very difficult challenge for most system implementers and standard software solutions available on the market today. The Clients First
See our solution in action by registering for our webinar below or reach out to us now at 800-331-8382 or email [email protected]