By now, you’re probably familiar with the major benefits of the cloud. For example:
- You can spread the cost of software out over its lifetime rather than paying for it all at once.
- You no longer must buy and maintain your own hardware.
- Because updates are done for you, you can reduce spending and your IT team’s workload.
- Cloud systems are often more secure than on premise ones.
- Many cloud application providers update their software on a more regular basis than the legacy systems. So, it’s easier to take advantage of the latest and greatest technology without disrupting your business.
A lot of these reasons for moving to a cloud center on a company’s convenience. But, convenience is not the only reason to move to the cloud. Studies have found cloud applications deliver a higher ROI than comparable on-premise solutions.
In fact, Nucleus Research has been studying the ROI of cloud applications for the last several years and has seen a steady rise in the return on investment companies can expect when they implement cloud systems. In 2012, Nucleus Research found the ROI of cloud implementations was 1.7 times higher than that of on premise ones. By 2016, this number had grown to 2.1 times higher. But ROI is just part of the story.
Other interesting stats from Nucleus Research that showcase the benefits of the cloud.
- Consulting and implementation fees for cloud deployments are 63% lower than on premise ones. Thatnumber is up from 40% in 2012.
- On average, organizations spend 55% less on support personnel when they use cloud applications.
- Without the high sunk costs and pain associated with a failed implementation, businesses are more than twice as likely to switch vendors midway through the implementation project if they feel like the solution does not fit their needs.
- Cloud applications use on average 91% less energy than their on-premise counterparts.
Want to learn more about these and other surprising benefits of the cloud?
With all the benefits of the cloud, it’s getting harder and harder to argue against it. If you and your company are ready to make the switch to the cloud, we’ve got a variety of products and services to help.
By: Laura (Heinbockel) Schomaker, Intelligent Technologies, Inc., a NC Acumatica Cloud ERP and Microsoft Dynamics partner