Congratulations! Your company has grown consistently for the last 2-5 years and your brand, products, and services are growing by leaps and bounds. The next step in taking your business where you want to go is replacing your existing legacy ERP solution to support your rapidly changing business model. Many companies have never gone through the daunting process of selecting an ERP platform that if implemented properly, will support your entire organization for the next 7-10 years. Where do you start? Who do you call? Most importantly who can you trust to be a long-term partner?
This blog will share 3 factors to consider when evaluating partners to support your new ERP implementation.
1. Customer Service Mindset
The number one priority of successful implementation partners is customer service. To them it’s not a buzzword, it’s a core value and attitude. Making “customer happiness” the top priority ensures that all actions are always focused on the customer’s best interests. When engaging with implementation partners you should be asking yourselves the following questions:
- Is the account executive really listening to my objectives and success criteria?
- Do I feel a high level of trust and comfort when discussing our mission critical business processes?
- Are the resources I work with during the sales cycle the same resources assigned to my project?
- Do they keep their commitments when promising a deliverable or action item?
- Are they genuinely excited to work with our team?
- What’s the partners’ game-plan to support my company after the project go-live?
Ever try having a conversation about your business with someone who has no idea what you’re explaining or trying to describe? Working with a trusted partner that has successfully implemented ERP solutions with organizations in your industry is invaluable. Many times they will make best practice recommendations that can improve your bottom line within months, if not weeks. Remember, the main goal of choosing the right partner is to achieve your business objectives. Ask yourself the following questions:
- Can my ERP partner provide 2-3 references in my industry?
- Do they understand my industry business trends and best practices?
- Can they tell me what solutions other companies in my industry are using?
- Are they recommending ways for our organization to improve based on best practices?
- Are they effectively describing what a successful implementation looks like (from initial project kick-off meeting to go-live)?
One of the most valuable commodities any company can hope to have with its business partners is trust. Having the confidence to trust a partner with your initial phase I ERP implementation is one thing. Having a relationship with a firm that you can rely on for a decade or more (through the highs and lows) is priceless. As a business owner that understands what the value of a trusting relationship is all about, please ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you have direct access to the CEO and any C-level resources within your ERP partner’s organization?
- Is the partner’s focus on making my organization successful, or are they interested in selling me something?
- Are they willing to withdraw from my ERP selection process if it’s in the best interest of my company?
- Will they pick up the phone at midnight if my system is down?
Before you focus on the next ERP solution to take your company to the next level, take a step back and focus on WHO you will be partnering with for the implementation and beyond. Choosing the right partner can be critical to the success of your project.
FMT Consultants has over 20 years of experience implementing ERP systems. We offer unparalleled customer service and are committed to the success of your business. Connect with us below and we will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.