How many software systems do you use to run your business? Some companies have a system for financials, one for expense management, one for invoicing, one for projects, one for shipping, and another one for CRM. Sound familiar?
Perhaps each system was added, one on top of the other, as your company grew and needs changed. Perhaps you want to use the “best of breed” for each area or use a specialized industry specific application.
In the best case scenario all these systems are connected or integrated and data passes between them. But more likely, you end up with “islands” of information that require manual data entry or import functions.
There are several reasons why disconnected software systems make your life more difficult:
- Duplicate data entry wastes time and often results in keystroke errors.
- It is hard to find complete information quickly when you need it.
- Various systems could contain different variations of the same data so you are not sure what to believe.
- When you import information, if it doesn't sync you have to stop what you are doing and fix it immediately or you can no longer trust your data.
- Interfaces between systems running in the background tie up computer bandwidth and slow everything down.
- Reports may be outdated as soon as they are run if data is not refreshed in real time or can’t be synced.
- Information that is not shared across all departments creates communication blocks, especially if not everybody has access to all the different systems.
- Multiple software solutions can have multiple user interfaces which means more training, especially for new hires.
- All of the systems can be on different upgrade cycles.
- Some systems are old so the maintenance costs are high or support is not available.
Acumatica is a connected business solution. Financials, CRM, sales systems, order entry, inventory, purchasing, field service, project accounting are all in the same user interface as the core system. It works on all your mobile devices.
And the unique user model allows for unlimited user licenses, which means everyone in every department can have access to the information they need, inside one core system.
When all of your systems are connected, you save time and make your life easier. Who doesn’t want that?
If you are interested in evaluating Acumatica ERP, contact CAL Business Solutions at 860-485-0910 x4 or [email protected]
By George Mackiewicz, CAL Business Solutions,