With the new NetSuite updates, it is important to make sure you revise your Excel Web Queries to the new format – or they may stop working! This can easily be done in just a few simple steps. Here we will show you how to determine the original report and then export it as an .iqy file.
How to Update a NetSuite Excel Web Query File for a Report
- Determining the Original Report
- Open the .iqy file using a text editor and find the cr attribute. The ID of the original report will be the same as the cr attribute value.
- Click “Reports”, then “Reports Overview” and click on any report to open.
- Edit the web page address by including the .iqy file’s report ID in the cr attribute, then hit “Enter”.
- The original report for the .iqy should now be visible.
- Exporting the .iqy File
- In the report footer, click the “Export to Excel Web Query” icon. If you do not see this icon, click “Customize”, then “Allow Web Query” in the “More Options” tab, then “Save”.
- The report will download as an .iqy file.
Are you taking full advantage of your NetSuite system? BCG Systems is a NetSuite Solutions Provider,