Microsoft Dynamics AX has been a trusted ERP for organizations worldwide. With its numerous features like financial management, employee management, supply chain monitoring, sales and marketing, and project management, Dynamics AX has been the market’s favorite for over two decades.
Here is a seven-point checklist to help you pick the right (and best) AX support partner:
1. TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE: Are they equipped with a technically sound team of experts? An experienced and
2. INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE: Do they have multiple years of domain experience? Your partner needs to align with your goals and have a sound understanding of your business needs. They must be able to identify challenges—even ones you may have overlooked—to avoid problems specific to your industry.
3. THE PARTNERS’ TEAM: Do they have good work ethics? Ensure that you and your partner are on the same page regarding your work values before establishing a partnership. In addition, look at their range of services and how they align with your goals.
4. TRACK RECORD: How wide is their customer base?
5. ONGOING SUPPORT: Will they be around when in need? Technical issues such as upgrades, bug-fixing, and user training are bound to occur after a Dynamics AX implementation. Choose a partner who commits long-term to guide you before, during, and after an
6. SCALABILITY: Future-proof ERP software? Choose a partner capable of scaling your operational system, predict possible challenges and hurdles that might hinder your growth, and implement Dynamics AX that will be efficient over time.
Dynamics AX users enjoy numerous benefits, yet, there are drawbacks as it has become a legacy product with outdated features. Microsoft has dropped support for Dynamics AX since 2018 and rebranded it to Dynamics 365 Finance (formerly named Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations). Though Dynamics AX achieves sales, procurement, production, and business-oriented tasks, the ability to remain agile and responsive to market demands is prone to diminish quickly. Meanwhile, Dynamics 365 Finance brings many more benefits with new features and capabilities and is the recommended path forward.
One step closer to your migration partner — DemandDynamics
DemandDynamics has a team of diverse experts in the Dynamics 365 arena. As Microsoft Gold partners, the team brings world-class solutions to their clients and adds customization according to the business’s unique needs.