Dynamics NAV is one of the most trusted ERP solutions, with over two million users and about 3000 Microsoft partners worldwide. The network of NAV users is vast and robust as it has endured the test of time due to its flexibility and customizable nature—perfect for any industry or business. However, like every technology-driven application, Dynamics NAV requires constant updates to meet and exceed versatile customer demands.
With advancements in cloud technology, new ERP solutions benefit from numerous advantages of the Cloud. For example, Microsoft introduced Dynamics 365 Business Central, a cloud-based ERP system with a wide range of functionalities that provide end-to-end business management solutions. The shift from
We have listed answers to Ten common FAQs on NAV to Business Central upgrade
- What are the reasons to upgrade from Dynamics NAV to Dynamics 365 Business Central?
Dynamics NAV has ruled the ERP market for over two decades. However, there are still shortcomings, such as the lack of automation tools, high costs, and increased time consumption for processes.
Five reasons to move to Dynamics 365 Business Central:
- Business Central is brand new and is a hub of new tech-driven features and functionalities that significantly overtake NAV's version.
- Unlike other NAV versions, Dynamics 365 BC requires less implementation time and maintenance costs.
- The cloud-based solution keeps internal teams well-informed with real-time market insights.
- It assures work flexibility with the mobile integration feature. Employees can work from anywhere, any time.
- Dynamics 365 Business Central is a proven business tool to improve ROI and enhance operational processes.
- How is Dynamics 365 Business Central different from Dynamics NAV?
- Business Central supports cloud-based and on-premise deployment.
- It ensures seamless integration with other Microsoft Office 365 applications, including Power BI and third-party applications.
- The customer search options are more advanced compared to Dynamics NAV.
- Consistent Business Central package upgrades happen automatically, sparing you time and effort.
- Does the upgrade to the newer version of Dynamics NAV cost extra?
Dynamics 365 Business allows users to leverage the enhancement plan and offers three named users for every concurrent user. In addition, you can purchase a more extensive, comprehensive user database if you should need it.
- Is the upgrade to Dynamics 365 Business Central mandatory?
- Can NAV customizations be carried to Dynamics 365 Business Central?
If you stay on-premise with your Business Central upgrade, the carryover of customization from NAV is simple. With the help of a certified migration partner, you can also test if the customizations remain intact with the new solution post-migration.
- How do the integrations in Business Central work?
Dynamics 365 Business Central integrates easily with Microsoft applications such as Office 365, Power BI, and PowerApps. Its integration capabilities simplify daily tasks for employees and boost their everyday productivity.
- What are Business Central's capabilities?
- Flexibly manages the business from any location.
- Offers Intelligent financial forecasting and budget planning capabilities.
- Tracks the company's economic performance.
- Provides a holistic view of the inventory.
- Creates a channel for interactive communication with suppliers.
- Accelerates sales with faster lead generation.
- Helps organizations adhere to timeframes for project deliveries.
- Helps businesses streamline warehouse operations.
- Offers industry-centric customization features.
- What are Dynamics 365 Business Central's subscription plans?
Microsoft provides four paid licenses: Essential, Premium, Team Member, and External Accountant. The chosen license must match business requirements and objectives as each has different entitlements.
- Essentials: This license costs $70 per user per month and includes functionalities across Financial, Distribution, Supply Chain Management, CRM, Project Accounting, and HR departments. There are no limitations to the number of users in this license type.
- Premium: Dynamics 365 Business Central Premium license costs $100 per user per month and includes numerous manufacturing, finance, and distribution functionalities.
- Team members: This licensing option is the least expensive at $8 per user per month. It is perfect for users who only require fundamental Dynamics 365 functionalities such as time entry and purchase requisitions.
- Is dual user rights available with Dynamics 365 Business Central?
When the user's Business Central subscription is activated through CSP (Cloud Solution Provider), their customer account is created in Partner Source Business Center (PSBC). Both have equal SLs and offer users a dual-use rights license key once they log in to Customer Source.
- Does a migration require the assistance of a Microsoft partner?
Power your migration with the right partner
Reach out to us to learn more about how we can help you