If your company has outgrown your existing business management system and looking to upgrade to a modern ERP solution, there are many options. Luckily, if you are considering ERP business solutions from Microsoft, they have made it very easy. When choosing licensing types for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central, there are 2 primary options: Essentials and Premium. The following post will focus on Comparing Microsoft Essentials and Premium for Business Central, plus how to choose the right license for your company.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central “Essentials”: Pricing is $ 70/user/month.
The “Essentials” version of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central is a robust set of functionalities from Microsoft Dynamics NAV: Microsoft’s most popular ERP system. There are over 100 unique business capabilities in the Essentials Version of Business Central. Below are some of the highlights of each Key Business Area. This version of Business Central is $70, per licensed user, per month for the Cloud Version. There is different pricing for the On-Premises version of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- Advanced Financial Management: Cost Accounting, Inter-Company Postings, Bank Account Reconciliation, Insurance, Maintenance, Fixed Assets Allocations, Advanced Dimensions, Cash Flow Forecast.
- Customer Relationship Management: Contact Management, Outlook Client Integration, Dynamics 365 for Sales (CRM) Integration, Opportunity Management, Interaction/Document Management.
- Project Management: Jobs, Time Sheet, User Tasks, Multiple Costs, Estimates.
- Inventory and Supply Chain Management: Requisition Management, Item Cross References, Nonstock Items, Location Transfers, Item Substitutions, Item Categories, Stock Keeping Units, Shipping Agents,
- Sales: Pricing, Discounting, Sales Tax/VAT (depending on the country), Return Order Management, Invoices, Order Management.
- Human Resource Management: Basic Human Resource Management.
- Warehouse Management: Automated Data Capture System (ADCS), Warehouse Management Systems, Internal Picks, Put Aways, Bin Set-Up, Warehouse Receipt, Warehouse Shipment.
- Other Business Functionality: Unlimited Companies, Multiple Currencies, Extended Text, Embedded PowerBI (Business Intelligence).
- Mobile ERP Technology: Gain the same ERP powerful and rich functionality experience on either your Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, or Smart Phone.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central “Premium”: $100/user/month.
The “Premium” Version, however, includes all of the functionality in the “Essentials” version of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central plus 2 powerful modules of Service Management and Manufacturing. This version of Business Central is $100, per licensed user, per month for the Cloud Version. There is different pricing for the On-Premises version of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- Service Contract Management
- Service Item Management
- Service Orders
- Service Price Management
- Agile Manufacturing
- Basic Supply Planning
- Capacity Planning
- Demand Forecasting
- Finite Loading
- Machine Centers
- Production Orders
- Version Management
Conclusion: The rich functionality in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central has options for most companies. The Essentials Version should not be viewed as a “starter” ERP system. As mentioned, there are over 100 unique business functionalities within this business system. Selection is really decided by if your business has a need for either Service Management or Manufacturing. If either of those 2 business functional areas are required for your organization, you should choose the Premium Version of Microsoft Business Central. It is important to note that licensing is on a per "named” user basis. Also, there are frequently some amount of services required for proper installation, training, and support that varies by Microsoft Partner. If you have any additional questions, please see the different resources below and contact iCepts Technology Group who can guide you in your ERP selection process.
Learn more about
Get an Estimate and Use the
Posted by iCepts Technology Group, Inc. a