The supply chain is a complex yet vital component of any manufacturing and distribution business. A robust supply chain operation includes all your processes from demand to fulfilment, and getting it right is the only way for your business to grow and prosper.
Are you satisfied with the performance of your supply chain? How would you rate your organization's success in the areas of daily execution, cost controls, production service rates, inventory turnover, production time, lead time, profits, and ROA (Return on Assets)?
Role of ERP in supply chain optimization
ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) has proved to be the most valuable tool for Supply Chain Management (SCM). Specifically
- Cross-platform visibility allowing the speedy settlement of issues, improving time-to-market,
- Agile planning tools to keep production ahead of customer demand,
- Powerful analytical tools to help optimize inventory logistics,
- Overall equipment efficiency through intelligent monitoring,
- Quicker recovery from breaks in the supply chain after disruptions (such as COVID-19 slowdowns.)
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain allows you a single unified source of data, so you'll have a complete picture of your entire supply chain operation.
Dynamics 365 for supply chain optimization:
Reliable inter-departmental communication with one solution
Your ERP works across your business to connect manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, retailers, and customers. ERP optimizes supply chain management by facilitating communication between departments and eliminating information silos and delays. Real-time data updates with the help of IoT (Internet of Things) eliminate communication bottlenecks and keeps all interested stakeholders on point with updates on shipments, inventory levels and locations, operational efficiency, and customer data.
Enhanced process flow visibility
As a holistic platform, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain makes data collected from numerous sources available to various users. Having necessary data available up-to-date and on-demand improves accuracy and streamlines processes. In addition, predictive analytics prevent production slowdowns and improve efficiency.
Improved end-to-end visibility and transparency
A vital aspect of supply chain optimization is the end-to-end visibility provided by Dynamics 365 Supply Chain. Blockchain technology allows you to monitor customer demand, market trends, and inventory, providing the insight you need to remain agile. Transparency will allow for better customer interaction and improved problem-solving. Management gains better insight into the various aspects of the supply chain and can make more informed decisions when they understand all relevant data issues. Blockchain combined with IoT can help customers track the status of their assets along the supply chain securely and transparently.
Efficient demand planning
Supply chain optimization requires a strong understanding of demand, planning, and monitoring. Using an inventory management module augmented by Big Data and Analytics in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain, you can create strategies for increased control, better margins, and improved fulfilment agility, contributing to enhanced customer experiences through shorter delivery time.
Better supplier-qualification process
A robust ERP lets your business move from a reactive to a proactive approach. For example, rather than reacting to the quality of material provided by your suppliers, you can optimize your qualification process. Set standards for vendors' materials in terms of quality. By establishing and adhering to such standards, you can efficiently evaluate potential vendors to improve sourcing and fulfilment strategies.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain makes possible operational innovation and technological modernization in a solution that will be easy for your team to learn and adopt.
- Synchronized data across logistics, sales, and purchasing for optimized fulfilment
- Complete visibility into product inventory to streamline procurement
- Advanced transportation and warehouse management for accelerated product delivery
- Tools for Implementing a unified and intelligent production lifecycle.
- Automated business processes built on the Microsoft platform for a unified user experience
- Scalable web and mobile client apps for increased agility
- IoT and mixed reality for a more modern approach
- Seamless integration capabilities with business ecosystems
Would you like to know more about Microsoft Dynamics 365 Supply Chain and how it can help you optimize your supply chain operations? Then,