Update: Microsoft announced a new promotion to replace the original Bridge to the Cloud promotion in the coming year. This new promotion, called Bridge to the Cloud 2, will launch February 1, 2023. You can read about this promotion
Update: The Bridge to the Cloud promotional period has been extended through December 31, 2022. (The promotion originally ran through June 2022, as reflected in the blog below.)
The cloud offers many
The answer is Microsoft’s Bridge to the Cloud promotion, active from September 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022 and available to Microsoft customers licensed with Dynamics NAV, Dynamics GP, Dynamics SL, or Dynamics 365 Business Central on-premises. This promotion offers large financial and strategic benefits to qualifying clients and an excellent opportunity to commit to their cloud transition. The details of the Bridge to the Cloud are nuanced, so for a fuller picture of the promotion, read on.
In short, qualifying clients can enroll in the Bridge to the Cloud at any time before June 30, 2022 (but they must be current on their enhancement plan). Clients will continue to pay according to their already-established Enhancement Plan and receive a 60% discount on Business Central Essentials and Business Central Premium per user/per month licenses.
During the promotion period, Bridge to the Cloud clients will have dual access rights to Business Central and the solution they currently have, meaning they can test the new solution while maintaining normal operations within their current ERP solution.
The promotional period is one year, and clients have the option to continue the promotion for an additional three years. This means the Enhancement Plan, 60% discounted license costs, and the dual access rights to Business Central and their current solution can last up to four years.
After the promotional period ends, clients will fully move to Business Central and no longer have their former solution.
Qualifying customers are currently licensed with Dynamics NAV, Dynamics GP, Dynamics SL, or Dynamics 365 Business Central on-premises.
They must own their licensing and must be on Enhancement Plans or paying their annual renewal licensing fees.
Customers who enter into the promotion are committing to their transition to the cloud and will fully migrate after the promo term ends.
Who does not qualify?
Customers on the above ERP solutions via subscription are not eligible for this promotion.
Customers who are not current on their enhancement plans or who have not kept up on their annual renewal licensing are also not eligible.
What happens after the Promo term ends?
This promo is a one-way transition, which means after the promotion term expires, customers will fully migrate to Business Central online and no longer have their original ERP solution or licenses.
After the initial one-year promotional period, customers will have three options:
- The client can choose not to continue their cloud migration and revert back to their original solution and licenses. This is the one chance for a customer to change their mind within this promotion. However, those customers who select this option and plan to re-enroll their Enhancement will be liable for lapsed fees for the duration of the promotional term.
- The client can migrate fully to Business Central at that time.
- The client can continue the promotional benefits in one-year extensions for up to three years. If this option is chosen, the customer is locked into their decision to migrate fully to the cloud whenever they cease renewing their yearly extensions of the promotion.
Business Central CSP Licenses
The promotion offers a large financial benefit of 60% off of Business Central online licenses:
|Business Central Essentials
(Financials, Purchase Order Processing, Sales Order Processing, and Inventory)
|Business Central Premium
(Business Central Essentials + Manufacturing and Field Service)
Standard Licensing Fee
$70 per user per month
$100 per user per month
Promotion Licensing Fee
$28 per user per month
$40 per user per month
CSP licenses are named user licenses as opposed to concurrent licenses, meaning each user must have their own allocated license.
Customers will have the option to pay annually or monthly. If a monthly payment goes unpaid, the customer will forfeit their licenses.
Dual Access Rights
Promotion customers are entitled to dual access rights, which means they are allowed to use their previously purchased ERP solution during their migration and up until their promotion term ends. This means that as they deploy Business Central online and test it, their current ERP stays live.
Clients in the promotion have access to both their current solution and Business Central but will only be able to have one solution live at a time. The other solution will be available for testing.
- Eligible clients should take advantage of this promotion before they do their annual renewal
- Eligible clients who utilize this promotion will be able to access both their current solution and Business Central at the same time. Only one can be live while the other will be a test solution.
- Clients will continue to pay according to their already-established Enhancement Plan and receive a 60% discount on Business Central Essentials and Business Central Premium per user/per month licenses.
- Customers opting into the promotion are committed to their transition to the cloud.
- After the one-year promotional period ends (June 30, 2022) the customer can decide to revert to their original solution and licensing, though they are liable for any lapsed fees for the duration of the promo term.
- If the customer opts into the 3-year extension of the promotion, the promotion is a one-way transition, meaning the customer will fully migrate to the cloud at the end of the promotion period expires and will no longer be eligible for licensing on their on premise application (GP, NAV, or SL).
- Customers must stay active on their Cloud Solutions Provider (CSP) licenses, whether they pay annually or monthly. If a customer pays monthly and misses a payment, their licenses are lost.
Syvantis can help you understand this promotion and begin it if your company qualifies. For further details on the Bridge to the Cloud promotion or to speak with our Dynamics 365 team to discuss migrating to Business Central online,