Embedded with cutting-edge forecasting, analytics and reporting functionality, MS Dynamics NAV delivers more than just an accounting system. NAV is a complete, robust, out-of-the-box ERP solution that makes available impressive business intelligence (BI) capabilities to facilitate timely decision making and sustainable business growth.
Although complex accounting and financial features stand up, the BI capabilities that allow users to easily monitor and manage a wide range of operational and financial processes are the real strengths of Dynamics NAV.
Reporting Functionality for Strategic Decision Making
Dynamics NAV solution includes a series of components which range from data lists and predefined document reports to graphical displays and online analytical processing that makes it possible to sort, archive, and assign data to cubes for easy reference. All these tools enable end users to:
- access, filter and analyze up-to-date, integrated information;
- view data based on standard employee roles (e.g. AP Clerk, Operations Manager, Shipping Manager, CFO, CEO etc.);
- switch between graphical representations, lists and tables;
- create 360-degree views of business information for comprehensive monitoring of various operations, processes, and transactions.
In addition, NAV provides access to Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services – a powerful and efficient reporting tool that you can use to create and manage extensive, high-impact reports that meet more complex reporting needs.
Dynamics NAV complements its BI reporting tools with a new Report Builder, which makes available a series of new features, such as a wizard for creating aggregates of aggregates and maps, indicator data visualizations that promote intuitive engagement within teams, and an additional “save” function that saves report parts separately, as individual items.
Dynamics NAV integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, and Word) for easier access, analysis and information sharing. Also,
BI Charts and KPIs: Gaining Valuable Insight into Your Business
The charts, graphs and KPIs included in Dynamics NAV provide a comprehensive and consistent overview of up-to-date information, facilitating fast, easy and intuitive business process monitoring.
Built-in charts and graphs not only deliver information in a succinct, interactive form, significantly reducing the amount of time required to collect and compile data for various standard employee roles and preferences, but also make available different levels of detail so that you can access and analyze intermediate-level data.
Since the ability to processes, analyze and visualize data in real time is critical for a company competing in today’s business environment, new NAV capabilities also focus on ad-hoc reporting. The tools that make possible advanced ad-hoc reporting are:
- Account Schedules – With Account Schedules, you can gather, analyze and present information from the General Ledger, Sales, Purchase and Inventory modules in different windows from which employees are able to access original documents or transfer data to other Microsoft programs for further processing.
- Jet Reports Express – By combining Jet Reports Express with different built-in report templates and formulas in Excel, you can easily produce meaningful ad-hoc reports.
- General Ledger reporting – Developed on top of a familiar framework, General Ledger reporting feature facilitates ad-hoc reporting of financial data.
- Report Player – Especially developed for Windows 8, this tool provides a fast and easy way to access the reports created in Office Excel.
- KPIs – In Dynamics NAV, KPIs are enhanced with cues that can be used to apply color coding and custom formatting to data in order to prioritize tasks and get relevant visual insights into business processes.
The main purpose of KPIs is to simplify reporting. Managers can assign KPIs to relevant business processes and then create KPI-specific alerts to get notified when problems occur (e.g. a KPI alert can be activated when stock levels drop below a preset threshold value).
Undoubtedly, Dynamics NAV is the ERP solution you need if you want to keep your finger on the pulse of your business operations. Combining BI capabilities with advanced charts, KPIs and reporting functionality, Dynamics NAV gives access to an impressive assortment of features and tools that you can use to monitor business processes, analyze trends, identify potential issues before they become real problems and make strategic planning more straightforward than ever before.
To make your CFO happy, find out more about Dynamics NAV and what it can do for your company by contacting
by Clients First South Central