Microsoft kicked off their
1) Get Better Insight Into Your Data Using Dashboards And KPI’s With Drill-Back. There are
2) Get More Out Of Excel With Predictive Modeling And Analysis. Tools integrating to Excel include the Excel Reports ,which are in GP 1o, but now there are additional ways to use them including Power Pivot tables and drill-back from Excel Reports to GP.
3) Work With Over 90 Built-In
4) Create Professional External Documents Using Word Forms. Users will be very excited to be able to deliver Word Forms and customize external (customer and vendor facing) documents within Word.
5) Tailor Your List Pages With Navigation List Builder. Those list pages that were underutilized in GP 2010 will be customizable with the new SmartList Builder tool – Navigation List Builder.
6) Create Mini-Applications With Extender. Building on the Extender functionality added in GP 10, SP 4 users can create their own free standing Extender windows, report on them with SmartList, and integrate to them with SmartConnect.
7) Connect More Easily With People Using Communicator Integration. Detecting presence of customer and vendors contacts will allow you to work faster and more directly. You can send instant messages and share your desktop and email documents right from your desktop using these tools integrated to GP.
8) Integrate Systems Better With Web Services. More web services are available in the Human Resources Self Services Suite in Business Portal as well as other tools on SharePoint.
9) Leverage Other Technologies Such As 64 Bit And Workflow On Windows SharePoint Foundation. Management Reporter (FRx replacement) will take advantage of 64 Bit technology and the workflows will be able to be run on SharePoint Foundation.
10) Upgrades Are Much Easier. Beta customers experienced very few problems.
We have the
By Mary Lenehan, Client Education Manager at Crestwood Associates, your