I know I broke the news in September that it was coming but now finally the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Adapter for Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 is here! This means Dynamics GP customers can have a completely integrated front office to back office system from Microsoft. This will eliminate tedious double entry and the risk of outdated information.
Here are a few important highlights I gleaned from a product FAQ on the Microsoft website:
1) The Adapter is FREE. However, you will need to have a current Microsoft Dynamics GP Enhancement/Support plan AND a current
2) The adapter must be ordered by a
3) The Adapter will require Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 Service Pack 4 and Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 – Update Roll-up #5.
4) The Adapter will allow for data movement between both CRM and ERP. In a number of cases, the ERP application is the system of record (Products, Pricing, Unit of Measure, Sales Invoices, etc.). In the case of Sales Orders, these documents can be created in either system. Once an order is submitted from Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 to Microsoft Dynamics GP, the ERP solution becomes the system of record and the order will be read-only in CRM. In the case of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Account and a Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 Customer, the data is truly multi-mastered. Once the data exists in both systems, and update to either system will trigger a subsequent update in the other respective system for properties which are included in the integration mapping.
5) Out-of-the-box these entities are mapped between Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 and Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0:
If you considering purchasing a new ERP package this announcement makes Microsoft an even better decision. Or if you already using either Microsoft Dynamics GP or Dynamics CRM, contact your Microsoft Dynamics Partner to learn more!
To find out more about Microsoft Dynamics CRM go to
Check out this
Is anyone using this tool already? I would love to hear your comments!
By CAL Business Solutions,